Top 5 Beginners Tips for Good Gut Health
Updated: Apr 6, 2021
Almost every client I see has some kind of digestive discomfort that they simply ignore, or they temporarily manage with either prescription medication, an over the counter product or natural remedies.
Gas, bloating, grumbling, occasional pain are all miserable and sometimes embarrassing. I get it, I suffered with my gut for decades and was even hospitalised twice with no answers or results from doctors. So I ditched them, and went on a quest to find out what my personal root causes were. However even if you think of your pain as being "mild" and manageable, I can assure you that is your body S-C-R-E-A-M-I-N-G for some love and attention.
Now obviously finding your root cause of your discomfort is best addressed with a trained practitioner like myself, however, some of the common digestive remedies used by most people are not really ideal long term. And of course, natural is always going to be better for you than the synthetic remedies.
So here are my top 5 tips for using natural products to help soothe and improve digestive health.
1) Digestzen Oil: This one is one of the best fast relieving protocols for temporary relief of any belly, chest or throat discomfort caused by indulging in too much fatty or spicy foods.
Protocol: 1-2 drops in glass of water, drink it quickly. You will feel that cooling and soothing effect immediately. Next refill that same glass with water again and just continue sipping. No need to add more oil for now, as there will still be some Digestzen oil residue in the glass.
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ENTIRE DIGESTZEN LINE OF PRODUCTS
2) GX Assist: For a very thorough gut cleanse, I would highly recommend a 10 day gut cleanse with GX Assist. You've probably heard that your body needs the good gut bacteria right? Well sometimes the bad bacteria gets out of control and needs to be cleaned out. That's where GX Assist comes in. It will clear your gut from all bacteria and yeast - think of it like wiping the slate clean.
Protocol: 1-3 capsules per day for 10 days only. I like to repeat the GX Assist cleanse 3-4 times a year to reset by gut flora balance.
Avoid consuming all probiotics and probiotic foods such as kimchi, sauerkraut, yoghurt, kombucha, kefir, tofu and tempeh during the 10 day cleanse. Slight gurgling and bloating may be normal whilst doing the cleanse however if you feel prolonged discomfort, reduce the number of capsules you are taking to 1 per day..
LEARN MORE ABOUT GX ASSIST HERE
3) PB Assist+: This is a great product to be introduced as soon as the GX Assist gut cleanse is finished. PB Assist is both a prebiotic AND probiotic in one easy to use slow release capsule. What's a prebiotic? It is plant fiber that your gut with love! Think of it like a healthy layer of nutritious, organic "fertiliser" for your gut. It will suppress any bad bacteria from building up, as well as encourage the growth of the healthy gut bacteria (probiotics) that you so very much need, and those probiotics are provided in the same capsule.
LEARN MORE ABOUT PB ASSIST HERE
4) Terrazyme: These are Digestive Enzymes that are definitely needed as part of your good gut protocol. Digestive enzymes help our bodies break down foods into a more usable form, making the foods softer and more easily absorbed. Our bodies do produce enzymes, however the bad news is that we are only born with a limited supply, and as we are now living much longer than our ancestors, you definitely NEED to replenish your supply on daily basis. You don't want your gut to working any harder than it already is... trust me!
Protocol: Take 1-3 Terrazyme capsules with every meal.
LEARN MORE ABOUT TERRAZYME HERE
5) Diet: Watch for those inflammatory food groups. The most common ones being sugar, gluten, dairy, soy, corn. These are the 5 top culprits that may be contributing to your digestive
Other food groups to avoid are Alcohol, Beer, Nightshade foods, Eggs, bad fats.
So what are good fats? Those would be cold-pressed vegetable fats (olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil), ghee, butter and fats derived from clean animals that are grass-fed and grass finished).
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE DOTERRA OILS AND SUPPLEMENTS.
Want more specific recommendations on gut health or a personal health evaluation? Contact Joanna now at email@example.com